let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Sooke
This is the perfect first or last home. Ideal floor plan, with master and second bedroom up and a self contained one bed in-law suite down. The spacious main entrance opens through to the single garage and shared laundry. The upper main floor features an open kitchen/ living/dining area that flows outside to a covered, east facing deck. This deck is ideal for early morning rituals or perfect for cool afternoo...Listed by DFH Real Estate
Still available. Lovely family home in sought-after Cordova Bay! This solid 1989 House is resting on a Large 9,950 square foot lot with Ocean and Mt Baker views. Spacious 6 bed/4 bth home on three floors with a bright and open floorplan, generous living/dining areas, lots of options for family living/entertaining! Large Master on main, walk-in closet, 5 pieces ensuite, 2 decks on main for enjoyjing the ocea...Listed by Pemberton Holmes - Cloverdale
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORS® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
you for visiting my website, please let me know how I can be of service.
As a Licensed Realtor and Licensed Residential Property Manager I have seen many changes on Vancouver Island over the years. Let me share with you my knowledge and expertise of Island living and the best locations to call "HOME". Whether you are looking for that “perfect” home to purchase, or you want to sell your home, I can help. I specialize in Residential Real Estate, and can represent you as either a Buyer's or Sellers' Agent. I also specialize in Sales of Tenanted Properties.
I look forward to hearing from you.
"Service and results you can count on".
"You will not regret
listing your house with Alannah! She has access to top-notch marketing
tools that exceeded our expectations. We lived hundreds of kilometres
away from our house that was listed with her; she took incredible care of the
house, our needs, the needs of realtors showing the home as well as those of
the buyer. She is down-to-earth and a master communicator. She is
an excellent listener who very promptly and methodically addresses any and all
needs or concerns that arise. She is incredibly patient, kind
Laura & Noel
Alannah is a true professional in her field. Purchasing a house in BC while living in Ontario during a pandemic represents a unique challenge. Her local area and industry knowledge, candid advice and attention to detail thought out the process was invaluable to us.
I would not hesitate to enthusiastically recommend Alannah to anyone contemplating a house sale or purchase in this area.
Keith & Nancy
Alannah made selling our income property as smooth and seamless as possible. Her professionalism was evident at every point of the sale from listing to close. She is a fabulous communicator keeping everyone knowledgeable of the process. It was a pleasure working with Alannah and we would highly recommend her to anyone looking to sell their home.
Ann and Dave